Monday 14 September 2009

13 September 2009

After the usual Sunday morning things and some rather excellent roast bacon family and I went to Wadhurst village hall to pick-up the art we brought as mutual Christmas presents (yes it is a bit early but it was the best excuse for the extravagance). Sarah and I are really pleased with them. They are both by the same artist and are lino-cuts - one of a hare, the other of an owl. We were both taken by the composition and vibrant colour - indeed Sarah has decided that she is going to have a go at print making.

Going to small village art exhibitions is nearly always great fun. Okay, there is much that is at best indifferent, but some is truly excellent. It always inspires me with my photography.

I really must get on with the 10x8 pinhole camera I'm making.
I really must give gum printing another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment